WELCOME TO BYS
With high quality education and a lifelong passion for music, we foster a diverse community of musicians.
…to Boulder Youth Symphony! We believe that music should be fun, exciting, and benefit young musicians and the performing arts community of Boulder County..
To promote optimal artistic advancement and musical development in young musicians through high quality study and performance of diverse and challenging instrumental music.
- Create lifelong excitement and interest in music as performers and audience members.
- Enrich and support existing school and private music programs.
- Provide inspiring leadership and motivation that instills pride, self-esteem, and discipline in young musicians.
- Encourage productive and healthy activities for the youth in order to prevent teenage drug and alcohol abuse.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with members, parents, school programs, music teachers, professional and civic orchestras, area colleges, music organizations and the public.
- Form musical ensembles of optimal depth, balance and variety that challenge each young instrumentalist’s ability and technical advancement.
The Boulder Youth Symphony is pleased to announce the appointment of Keynes Chen as the new conductor of the BYS Chaconne and Chamber Orchestras.
Blog Posts Read the latest posts
As the main goal of the Boulder Youth Symphony is to provide proper education to achieve highest musical skills within young people, we have created several levels of wind, string, and orchestral ensembles. These various programs allow us to accommodate a wide range of education and skill levels for future successful musicians. As well we […]
Playing an instrument is at the start its reward, but it is not only for sure. To be part of the world of musical performance and having the ability to play music brings a lot of additional benefits. Starting from enhanced language achievement, development of fine motor skills to spatial awareness. Through music education children […]
As we are devoted to providing young people high quality and classical education, we stay aware of the new age impact and how young people today consume all stuff just differently. Starting from dress codes, a way of life, socialization to the ways to music believes and understandings. People are just consuming things differently, and […]